I finally have time to write an update. Everything seems to happen at once. My mom (Pat) arrived safely on Sunday morning, and she has been taking care of the kids while I run around getting ready to go. Here is a list of what I have been able to get done:
Visas came in yesterday!
Photo album for the judge
Got the van fixed (engine light came on Saturday)
We received our absentee ballots (voted, notarized, and sent)
Paperwork is together and ready to travel (including 3 years of tax returns)
Plane tickets for travel within Russia purchased
Bought a hot pot
Purchased a back pack and some toys for Justin (for the plane ride home)
Got cash
Made a schedule for the kids at home
Received a winter coat for Justin (Thank you Nikki R.)
Received a snowsuit and lots of winter clothes for Justin (Thank you Tiffany E.)
I am sure I left something out, but that gives you an idea. I still need to notarize a medical POA for my kids and the ballots, and finish packing the suitcases. A friend of mine reminded me that our luggage weight for the flight inside of Russia is only 44lbs per person and that includes your carry on. We will take our bags by Geoff's office and weigh them to see how we are doing today.
Our flight leaves at 10:55am tomorrow. We fly to Chicago, layover in Germany, and finally stop in Moscow. We did get refundable tickets, since there was not much difference considering that we may have to make changes to our return tickets.
Not sure if I will post again before we leave, but I plan to post in Moscow.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Have a safe trip! We'll look for you in the hotel, usually we hang around the lobby with other families.
Kris
PS. 44 lbs limit/person is for checked bags only, not including carryons.
Yeah, Yeah! The journey is almost complete. I hope everything goes smoothly in country!
Let me know when you land!!!! GOOD LUCK!!! I am praying for you!
Post a Comment