We left Moscow @ 8:30am and arrived in Kras at 5:15pm (4 hour flight & 4 hour time change). Dascha met us at the airport and then took us to the grocery store. We are staying in an apartment,and it is much nicer than I had expected. The building itself is old, as are most apartment buildings in Russia, but the inside of our apartment is modern. I love the closets the most. If we ever build, I would want these.
I forgot to mention that while we were at the hospital getting our medicals done, we were waiting with a couple and a single man who were adopting (from a different agency). The single man is a TV producer in Hollywood. His most recent show is "Kath and Kim". He is adopting an 11 year old boy--small world after all.
We did very well with our luggage. Your carry-on is not included in your weight. On our way over here from the US we were 2lbs over in one and 6 in the other suitcase. Leaving Moscow for Kras, we took out our heavy stuff (books) and put them in our carry-ons. So to the clarify the weight, it is 44lbs (20 kg) per person for check luggage only.
Today we are suppose to meet with our interperter and then head to the orphanage to see Justin. After that is lunch and then a meeting with the Minister of Education. Tomorrow is court!
Thanks so much for your prayers.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would love to know more about your experience staying in an apartment in Kras. as we are looking to save money when we return soon.
heatherlbrandt (at) verizon (dot) net
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com
Post a Comment