Saturday, October 18, 2008

Things I have observed

OK, I will will warn you right off that I am very bored right now. Geoff is trying to write his proposal while I stay quiet and think.
Earlier today, Geoff and I took a 20 minute walk to Planyeta Mall. Our mission was to find: tortilla chips, peanut butter, crayons, and a coloring book (the last 2 items were for our visits with Justin). We seached the mall and grocery store for these items and only managed to find the coloring books. They had a big selection of colored pencils, chalk, markers, and paint. So we went with the colored pencils. We have been told that peanut butter is very hard to find here. It is more of an American food, and I just had to start craving it while here! It is really funny to shop for shoes and purses. The color selection is practically limited to black and they like really large purses.
I have found that I am more of a picky eater than I thought. I have become more like my son than I want to admit, pizza has become my favorite meal so far.
Looks like we get to go out this evening after all. Just got a call from our interperter to go downtown and see some sights. I will sign off for now.

3 comments:

Stephanie and Dennis said...

Want me to mail you some Peanut Butter and books? Let me know -

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

hey, I'm talking to you right now but I wanted to post a comment.




Amanda

Carissa said...

HA! Baby cravings!! I hope it doesn't take much longer. i'm glad to hear that Justin is coming to you easily. I'm so envious of the cold weather and snow-I love cold weather! It was 55 here today-the coldest it's been so far. We can't wait to have all of you home!