Today was fairly uneventful. Last night we ate with friends from Kansas who are also on their second trip. Todd and Lori are adopting from a city about two hours from here, and their court date is tomorrow. We'll let them acclimate to the time change before we challenge them to spades.
They arrived Saturday evening and had trouble sleeping. At 2am they found the KU-Texas Tech game live on one of the 13 channels we receive--too bad it wasn't a better game.
We visited Justin today and Geoff snapped this pic as he was coming out of the caterpillar tunnel.
4 comments:
I am glad things are going ok for you guys. I can't imagine being in a strange place like that and have to figure so much out. It is cold here now and very windy. I have been going to dog days and they are lettings us workout under the stadium now. Its a little warmer that way. Geoff, did you ever get to go running? We can't wait for you to get Justin home so we can meet him. He looks like a healthy little guy. Take care and God bless. Adrianne and Earl
Thanks for the pictures you are posting of Justin. The girls enjoy seeing them. We are glad that you are enjoying the time you have with Justin. Can't wait to meet him.
Bob & DeAnna
What a great play area - We don't have that level of play area in our home. I hope I can find 2 hours of something to occupy our time.
I can't wait to see his face!!! Enjoy your time with him.
Stephanie
The days seem to be going well. Just when you're getting a little more adjusted, another time change. Doug's clock changed a week early because it was programmed before the changes were made. I was really hoping on Sunday morning his clock was right. One more week and we'll get an extra hour. We've been doing more painting & lots of late night stuff. But life is pretty easy right now in comparison to your past few weeks! I helped prepare a meal tonight with a few youth for the Lawrence Community Center. I was able to help serve as well. I think the neatest part this evening was to be able to serve with someone who's just visiting our church. She was eager to volunteer and I enjoyed gettin to know her a little more... of all places...serving a meal in a homeless shelter. She said it was the best evening she'd had since she'd been here in Lawrence. The so many different ways God blesses us, as she doesn't know that she was the high liggt of my evening. We'll it's after 10PM our time. Avery is singing along side me. If only your could hear her. She took a nap today for the first time in a very long time...she's not seeming to be very sleepy. She's very excited to meet Justin, as is the rest of our family. I'm sure you'll take things slow and easy when you get home. I think Alicia Thomas is excited about the opportunity to have you (Karey) and Justin in the class. Well, as you know I could keep rambling for a while. We continue to pray for your family every day. We're keeping up with the count down. So long for now neighbors....
The Ellis' (I'm feeling a little guilty, as Doug is helping someone sheetrock under the cabinets in the kitchen because I tore out the tile while he was gone is weekend. I know kitchens are a little bit of a sore subject in this neighborhood!!!! Just kidding! Bye for now!
Post a Comment