Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Fun Weekend

Our Christmas plans tend to change daily. This year we had planned to visit family in Missouri for Christmas, but after some wise counseling from a dear friend we decided to stay home to avoid disrupting Justin's sense of home. So this weekend we had Grandpa and Grandma Collins, Uncle Matthew and a few aunts (Jessie, Martha, and Marie) here to visit. Justin did very well, and made a very good impression on everyone...as long as you don't consider his after church episode. This is still an area we have a lot of problems with and haven't quite figured out a solution. Justin does very well in his class during Sunday School and church and leaving his classes are not a problem. The problem starts with putting his coat on to leave the church building. He screams and fights all the way home and then about 45 minutes at home. He has done this every Sunday. Eating out after church is no longer an option (I guess you can call it a money saver?).

After the Christmas program Sunday evening we went to Pizza Hut for some dinner before my family had to head back home. I had forgotten to take pictures over the weekend, so I made up for it at dinner. My family also surprised us with a financial gift of over $160, that each of them helped raise by selling calendars. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. Just this weekend we have received several gifts to help out with our adoption expenses. Thanks so much!!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi! I love to check in on your blog now and then to see how you are doing since we don't see each other at the monthly parent nights with CHI any longer. I can relate to your church issue with Justin. Vika just loves to go to our church every Sunday and she squeals with delight as we pull into the parking lot because she recognizes it. So as a result, when we have to leave when it's all over, she is really upset and cries. It doesn't last too long and it doesn't prevent us from doing anything out afterwards, but perhaps this is why Justin does it too? I hope Vika always loves going to church this much! Also, the Christmas at home would have been good for us, too. We went to Texas to my sister's, and Vika was confused. She had a good time and was OK sleeping somewhere strange, but only because I slept with her. She was really upset the first night in a different bed after being with me three months at home. Stay in touch! If you ever want to email me, my address is schardtca@yahoo.com. Take care.

Cindy

Anna P said...

Hey there! Thanks for the note. And I absolutely can not believe how much your family has grown (including your siblings), Karey. Would love to see you soon. Maybe Spring break??? :)