Ok, so today was one of those days. Justin started out his same old hipper self, going a mile a minute and into everything. While I was fixing lunch, Justin started crying on the stairs. Joel tried to comfort him, which didn't work. So I knew something had to be really wrong. Justin just does not complain of being in pain. I picked him up and he cried even harder, then I noticed he was holding his left arm. I sat and rocked him some (which he never lets me, he just can't sit still that long). After a while I set him in the chair to make some phone calls, and he just sat there holding his arm and being as quiet as a mouse for 30 minutes. One of my calls was to Geoff to ask him for help, I just wasn't sure what to do. Geoff came home and figured out it was Justin's elbow that was hurting. During this time I am rocking him again and he falls asleep. So we call the doctor and we get sent for x-rays. The x-ray tech told Geoff it could just be "milk maid arm", so he made Justin's arm lay flat with his palm up and that put his elbow back in place. After that, Justin was his normal self.
Geoff watched Justin for a little bit for me, so when I came back on the scene Geoff told me Justin was in "rare form". Meaning, Justin was in to everything and never still. I just laughed and told Geoff, "that is the normal Justin".
Overall, we are all doing much better. Geoff and I are trying to get back into the mindset of a 2 year old. Going from having an 8 year old as the youngest to having a 2 year old, has been a big challenge for us. I now remember why MOPS was so important to me when my kids were that small.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HA HA HA - WOW, do I remember that diagnosis. Max was diagnosed with that 3x in 1 month! So please be careful of his elbow the next few weeks. It can easily slip out again.
Sounds like adjusting is the same for you as it is for us. Cassidy is VERY much like Justin in the respect that she is into EVERYTHING. I am hoping it a curosity stage and eventually she will calm down. I can hope, right?
I will email you soon.
Take care,
Stephanie
Post a Comment