This week has been a very busy week for us. I got an email from our rep in St Louis wanting us to update A LOT of documents. Mainly because they are over a year old now. Along with that we get an email from our social worker saying we need to update our homestudy, that too had expired. So we got a list from her too. As of right now we are at a stand still in paper work. We are waiting on our police report, child abuse report and marriage certificates. All of those take a few weeks.
Please keep us in your prayers. We are praying that we get a court date for July or August. My mom (Pat) is planning on staying at our house with the kids for the month. We hope to have her husband fly out towards the end of her stay to do some very much needed home repairs. On top of that my sister Lynette is having her first baby in September and really wants mom there for her.
Here is the list our STL agent sent for us to do:
1. Parent Consular Registration Letter (2 copies) – The wording on this particular document has changed since you did it a few months ago, so please re-do with the NEW template on the website.
2. Parent Post-Adoption Letter (2 copies) – Same situation as above. The NEW template with revised wording can be found on the website.
3. Marriage Certificate (3 copies) – The apostilles on your old marriage certificates have reached the one-year point.
4. State Police Report – I know you are already working on these.
5. Doctor’s letter for your kids – You’ll want to get one separate letter done for each of your kids. I attached the template here.
6. Pediatrician’s license – If all three have the same pediatrician, then 1 copy of his/her license is sufficient.
7. Employment letter for Geoff (1 copy) – This MUST include the health insurance coverage that Justin will have. If it does not, we’ll need to get a separate letter addressing that.
8. Financial Statement (1 copy) – This must be prepared by a CPA. I did not see the template on the Krasnoyarsk portion of the website, so I attached it here.
9. CPA’s license (1 copy)
10. Statement of Legal Residence (1 copy) – as you did for your original dossier
11. Mortgage Deed (1 copy) – I know you are already working on this.
12. Petition to Court (1 copy) – The region should be sending this to us.
13. Letter from your Mortgage Company (1 copy) – I know you are already working on this, as well.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! I cannot believe how much you still have to do. I feel your anxiety. Good luck collecting all the docs.
(We leave on Sat 5/18 watch the blog to see if you recorgnize the places).
Stephanie
www.thesmiths441.blogspot.com
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! I cannot believe how much you still have to do. I feel your anxiety. Good luck collecting all the docs.
(We leave on Sat 5/18 watch the blog to see if you recorgnize the places).
Stephanie
www.thesmiths441.blogspot.com
Stephanie,we are still finding out more documents to update. Mainly because our dossier had reached its one year point. Enjoy your trip, I am keeping up with you on your blog.
Post a Comment