We finally made it home!! The flight from Frankfurt to Chicago had its up and downs. Overall, Justin did well for a 2-year old. He only slept about 2 hours of the 9 hour flight. For those of you traveling with a child, we did not have a problem bringing our bottle of Benadryl. We just made sure it was with Justin's carry-on in a plastic Ziploc bag. We did get questioned in Germany, but once they saw that it was for Justin, they had no problem with it. The flight itself was full, and our seats were not very comfortable. We had dividers between our seats that did not move. So we couldn't lay Justin out to sleep. Our flight from Chicago to MCI was most uncomfortable, due to the fact we got the very back seats in the plane that did not recline. Justin was able to spread out and sleep the entire trip. I am done flying for a very long time.
We were so grateful to sleep in our own beds again. We came home and all three of us went right to bed. However, we all woke up just a little after 5am. Justin is doing very well, he really enjoys Mandy, Joel, and Melissa. Now we need to work on his biting. He already bit two of the kids today.
Thanks so much for your prayers.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Welcome home! The girls (and I will admit mayself, also) are very excited and eager to meet Justin. I think I was aked about 10 times if they could just go over and see if anyone was home. I reassured them that after you guys have settled in and are ready for a quick visit, you'll let us know.
--I'm sure you're own bed was very reasurring. I can't wait to hear from Mandy, Melissa and Joel. I'm sure they already have fun stories to share. You know where we live--welcome home and hope to see you soon!
The Ellis'
We are so excited you are home!!! Everyone here (old church friends) have been praying for you and excited to hear you are home. We are eager to make a trip out to meet the new grandchild. Dad is wondering whether you ever got your roof support work done or if he should plan a weekend trip out for that purpose. We'll be gone November 24-30, but, except for those dates, are open to what works for all of you.
I am so darn excited that you guys are home and Justin is settling in. I look forward to seeing you soon.
Michele
Welcome home! We've missed you & thank the good Lord that you are all home safely. We can't wait to meet Justin as well. See you at church soon!
The Johnson's
Congratulations!
We are so happy to hear you are ALL safely home. Vitaly drove us to the medical clinic today and shared the story of your trip to the airport. He was laughing and saying it was one he will not forget! Good to hear things worked out in the end. Enjoy the peace of being HOME.
Todd and Lori Kipper
Welcome home!! We are very glad you're home safe and sound and getting rest. Let us know if you need anything-anything at all. We can't wait to meet Justin!
This is too exciting! What a major shift in life to take on another child and at that a 2 year old! I would love to meet Justin and see the rest of you. Maybe over Christmas if you're not too busy or if the timing is right you can stop over for a "pit stop"!
Blessings,
Anna
We are so happy that you have made it home and that all is well! We look forward to seeing you and Justin. Enjoy American food and relax.
Bob & DeAnna
Post a Comment