Justin is certainly a two-year old boy. His plan today did not include a nap, but it did include finding everything we had forgotten to put above 5-feet high. Fortunately, nothing is broken.
Justin cried when we left his baby home, but after a few minutes and some Cheerios he was sitting back observing everything his little eyes could take in on our trip back to the apartment. After lunch and an attempted nap we decided to meet Todd & Lori at the mall. Apparently, children must be seated when on the bus. The fare taker scolded a teenage girl who then reluctantly gave her seat up to Karey and Justin. The weather was much too cold to walk.
The mall has two play areas and escalators! He loved both. He is not the least bit intimidated by moving stairs and could have spent all day on them.
It is now just after 7:30 pm, and Karey and Justin are sleeping. Quiet time for me to work on my dissertation. Good night.
3 comments:
At least there is some very bright news on a dismal morning after elections. How exciting!! And now you can really work at getting your little group of 'Russians' back home to the rest of the family. Glory to God!!
How exciting and it won't be long now before all of you are back home. I love the pictures of him!!! He doesn't seem camera shy. Can't wait to meet him. Guess the Collins Tribe will have to have another family reunion soon so everyone can meet the new additions that God brought into our lives this year. We will have to have one in NC too. Praise God that everything has come together. All of you are in our prayers that everything will continue on this smooth path and for a safe trip back home. Love all of you! Thanks for keeping up with the blog. I love reading about your adventures.
Gene, Lynette and Landon
We are so very happy for you guys. I know it's been a long road, but home is only a few more days away! We've been getting the updates the last several days from the kids. Sorry I haven't posted for a few days, although you're in our daily thoughts and prayers. Joel even hung out at our house for a while on Sunday. He helped me figure out a "cool" toy for rescue heros. I told him he'd have to figure it out so he could play it with Justin before long.
We went on our GA "mission" trip to the LEO center tonight. I did have both of your girls in the church van with me. I told the kids not to tell their parents that is was my first time driving the church van. I think they were all maybe just a little nervous after my comment. Emily, in her very loud voice that I know you are familiar with, told my 14 passenger to be very quite so I could concentrait. It was so quiet for about 10 seconds and I told everyone that the silence was making me more nervous than the noise I was used to. It got loud very quickly then and we made it safe and sound....after only 4 miles, 10 minutes and two wrong turns following Nikki. I did tell her that Karey could have her job back when she returned!!!!! What I didn't tell the kids, was that I learned to drive with a big 'ol conversion van. I really wasn't too worried! Anyway, we can't wait to meet Justin and welcome you home. I know there will be a lot of adjustments, but we will all be patient and wait for the right timing! Well, Bye for now. I'm going to prepare for another glorious day God is planning.....rain, shine, maybe even snow in the next few days here in KS. Every day is a blessing!
See you soon.
The Ellis'
Post a Comment