Friday, September 12, 2008

Prayer Request

I would like for each of you to pray for a friend of ours that is in the process of adopting. She traveled to Russia and had her court date. All went very well, but as you know, the verdict isn't finalized for 10 days. During her 10 days of waiting, the birth mother has come forward to claim her son. (She gave him up at birth and has had no contact with him since, almost 3 years.) After all this, it looks like my friend has lost her son. She really needs our prayers.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, my goodness. This is so scary. I worry about this possibility myself. I will definitely say a few prayers for your friend. I can't imagine the heartbreak she is going through right now.

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Moments like this make the old habit of rending your garments and throwing dust on your head seem so appropriate! She is in my prayers today and I pray God's love and comfort peek through the dark clouds surrounding her.